Senior Tax Manager
Genova Group is a fast paced, entrepreneurial accounting advisory firm that helps publicly traded and privately held organizations with their complex accounting, financial reporting, controllership, tax, and valuation matters. Recognized as one of the 100 fastest growing companies in Philadelphia and 5000 fastest growing privately-held companies in America, we take pride in our ability to attract top talent who are interested in expanding their technical abilities and professional networks while being afforded the opportunity to play a critical role in our continued success and expansion into new markets, industries, and service offerings.
Genova Group continually strives to provide best in class service to its client base by hiring finance and accounting leaders with a strong technical accounting skill set, business relationship acumen, and operational finance experience. We make a true business impact with our clients and take seriously our role as a valued business partner, acting as an extension and amplification of each client’s financial management team.
Genova Group Tax Senior Managers will be trusted advisors having extensive technical experience and the ability to understand each client’s unique business strategy and needs. In addition, Genova Group Tax Senior Managers are expected to mentor junior team members, developing their technical and professional skill sets.
Tax Senior Managers will be expected to perform the following core responsibilities:
- Produce consistent, high quality deliverables for clients
- Make decisions independently
- Proficient with the requirements of ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) and the ability to prepare income tax accrual calculations, including quarterly and annual journal entries, footnotes, tax account roll forwards and reconciliations
- Conduct federal and state tax research and draft/review memorandums to support tax return filing positions
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and provision
- Lead account management and project budgeting
- Take ownership of multiple engagements, managing both upward and downward expectations for engagement timeline and budget constraints
As an entrepreneurial company, Genova Group Tax Senior Managers will also participate in various marketing and client development activities to enhance branding and awareness as well as expanding the Senior Manager’s professional network. Further, Senior Managers will work across all levels of the company to build a premier professional services firm that attracts top talent to deliver quality outcomes for each client.
Tax Senior Managers must have a minimum of seven years of experience in providing professional tax services within a public accounting or advisory firm or in a corporate tax department. In addition, Tax Senior Managers will possess:
- Detailed knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) and related tax accounting guidance;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and team members;
- Enthusiasm for self-education and accounting research;
- Desire to be a subject matter expert, sharing expertise internally, to clients and through external events;
- Ability to be roll up your sleeves to tackle most pressing issues, but also have an entrepreneurial, big-picture mindset;
- Be intellectually curious, detail oriented, a self-starter, ethical, dependable;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Masters Degree in Taxation; and
- Willingness to travel if needed (travel is minimal at this time).