Genova Group is a fast paced, entrepreneurial accounting advisory firm that helps publicly traded and privately held organizations with their complex accounting, financial reporting, controllership, tax, and valuation matters. Recognized as one of the 100 fastest growing companies in Philadelphia and 5000 fastest growing privately-held companies in America, we take pride in our ability to attract top talent who are interested in expanding their technical abilities and professional networks while being afforded the opportunity to play a critical role in our continued success and expansion into new markets, industries, and service offerings.
Genova Group continually strives to provide best in class service to its client base by hiring finance and accounting leaders with a strong technical accounting skill set, business relationship acumen, and operational finance experience. We make a true business impact with our clients and take seriously our role as a valued business partner, acting as an extension and amplification of each client’s financial management team.
Genova Group Accounting Advisory Senior Managers are responsible for leading projects that generally pertain to (i) technical accounting for complex transactions, (ii) financial reporting matters, and (iii) audit preparation. Our Senior Managers continually enhance their technical competencies while working closely with senior Genova team members, clients and other professional service providers including external auditors, attorneys and bankers. In addition, Genova Group Senior Managers are expected to mentor junior team members, developing their technical and professional skill sets. Technical accounting projects may include but are not limited to:
- Revenue recognition (ASC 606);
- Leases (ASC 842);
- Complex debt and equity instruments;
- Share-based compensation arrangements;
- Purchase accounting;
- Consolidations, and
- Drafting financial statements and disclosures.
These technical accounting projects may be performed in connection with audits and drafting of financial statements, initial public offerings and/or reverse merger transactions (IPOs/SPACs).
Senior Managers will be expected to perform the following core responsibilities:
- Produce consistent, high quality deliverables for clients
- Make decisions independently
- Independently conduct research on complex accounting topic and articulate a position to company management and external auditors with minimal assistance from senior Genova team members
- Prepare or review financial statements and related footnote disclosures
- Independently facilitate calls with external third parties as required
- Lead account management and project budgeting
- Take ownership of multiple engagements, managing both upward and downward expectations for engagement timeline and budget constraints
As an entrepreneurial company, Genova Group Senior Managers will also participate in various marketing and client development activities to enhance branding and awareness as well as expanding the Senior Manager’s professional network. Further, Senior Managers will work across all levels of the company to build a premier professional services firm that attracts top talent to deliver quality outcomes for each client.
Senior Managers must have a minimum of seven years of experience in providing professional accounting services within a public accounting or advisory firm. In addition, Accounting Advisory Senior Managers will possess:
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and team members;
- Enthusiasm for self-education and technical accounting research;
- Desire to be a subject matter expert, sharing expertise internally, to clients and through external events;
- Ability to be roll up your sleeves to tackle most pressing issues, but also have an entrepreneurial, big-picture mindset;
- Be intellectually curious, detail oriented, a self-starter, ethical, dependable;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Certified Public Accountant; and
- Willingness to travel if needed (travel is minimal at this time).