Senior Associate/Experienced Manager – Complex Securities & Financial Instruments
Genova Group is a fast paced, entrepreneurial oriented consulting firm that provides advisory solutions to publicly traded and privately held organizations in the areas of complex accounting and financial reporting matters, IPO readiness, business valuation, complex financial instruments and intellectual property valuation, interim CFO/Controllership assistance and tax related matters. Being recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the Philadelphia 100, we take pride in our ability to attract top talent who are interested in expanding their technical abilities and professional networks and being afforded the opportunity to play a critical role in our continued success and expansion into new markets, industries, and service offerings.
Within Genova Group’s Valuation Advisory Practice the CFI candidate will work on a variety of valuation assignments for our clients in complex financial instruments and derivatives, including, convertible instruments, embedded derivatives, earn-outs, interest rate derivatives, common and preferred stock, and other securities along with private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions; venture financing and public offerings (IPOs); taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; and strategic planning.
A CFI candidate will be expected to:
- Interact with C-suite regularly during the execution of our assignments
- Perform valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities within various industries
- Design and own the development of various complex financial models
- Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and client site visits
- Assist in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Perform in-depth client, industry, market, and economic research
- Continually enhance technical competencies while working closely with senior team members
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and well as in a team setting
- Be a significant contributor to the client deliverable and take ownership for work product quality
- Constructively mentor associate level team members
- Participate in various marketing and client development activities to enhance branding and awareness as well as expanding your professional network
Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years (senior associate) and 6 years (manager) in providing CFI valuation advisory services to external clients within a nationally recognized public accounting or independent valuation advisory firm.
In addition, candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Quantitative Field of Study (Math, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Mathematical Economics, Engineering and Business or related area of study) Master’s Degree is a plus
- Proficiency with developing valuation models using option pricing theory, Monte Carlo simulation, binomial trees, contingent claims analysis, and other financial engineering techniques, especially as it applies to valuing financial instruments (i.e., fixed income securities, swaps, exotic options, convertible bonds, commodity derivatives, and other securities
- Proficiency in financial engineering programming and statistical software packages
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare memoranda and/or reports that communicate findings and recommendations to clients concisely and effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and team members, concurrently, in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Self-starter / enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Willingness to travel (less than 20% of time)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.